Unable to Open Source file - Job Aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rahul Bharadwaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to Open Source file - Job Aborts

Post by Rahul Bharadwaj »

Hi

We have a parallel job which has a sequential file as source
The job is getting aborted with the fatal warning message :
SrcReadDataSeqFile,0: Unable to open H:/PATH/SOURCE/IN/T24D14PTXT: No such file or directory.

But, the file is present in the directory and for the file permission, the DS user has all permissions to read the file ,as other files are getting processed from the same directory through other jobs

Please suggest , what can be the problem....

Thanks and Regards
Rahul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check again, check particularly that the file may have a suffix that is hidden by your folder options in Windows Explorer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rahul Bharadwaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rahul Bharadwaj »

Hi Ray,

There is a sequence job that has two set of similar sequence of jobs, made to parallelly pocess files...and same files donot get processed from two different sets(which we can decide based on some entries)

when i direct this file to run from another sequence, it gets processed successfully.so the point of 'hidden' prefixes to the file can be ruled out.

Also there are no differences between the two sets of jobs that get paralley pocessed.

Please suggest if there can be any other issues with the file?

Thanks and Regards
Rahul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly there's something.
DataStage wrote:SrcReadDataSeqFile,0: Unable to open H:/PATH/SOURCE/IN/T24D14PTXT: No such file or directory.
Check permissions for this executing user on every folder in the path.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Brett
Participant

Post by Brett »

For what its worth - last time i had this and spent ages looking - turned out to be a leading space in the filename parameter that was incredibly hard to spot in the input area.