Error 11 in GCI Link initialization

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbarca
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error 11 in GCI Link initialization

Post by vbarca »

Hi,

We have just upgraded from 7.5 to 8.1 and now have a job that intermittently gets this error:

J_Fact_PS_F_TERM_ENRLMT..IPC_SRC.IPC_SRC_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to OpenFileMapping() failed - The system cannot find the file specified.

J_Fact_PS_F_TERM_ENRLMT..Trans_Null_Validate: |Error 11 in GCI Link initialization.|

The job worked fine in 7.x and just started intermittently failing after the upgrade. The job design has DRS_SOURCE --> IPC_SRC STAGE --> TRANSFORMER followed by other transformers, hashed file lookups and DRS Target. The error seems to be coming from the IPC_SRC stage but what's curious with the last run that failed is that no rows were selected in the source so nothing was flowing through the IPC_SRC stage.

I'm using Inter Process buffering, buffer size is 1024 and timeout is 600.

I've looked at the other posts regarding this issue but didn't seem to find anything that might help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince
Computer analyst to programmer: "You start coding. I'll go find out what they want."
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you current on your fix packs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vbarca
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vbarca »

Should be...we're a PeopleSoft shop and I applied all the patches that Oracle delivered.
Computer analyst to programmer: "You start coding. I'll go find out what they want."
pkste
Participant

Re: Error 11 in GCI Link initialization

Post by pkste »

Hi, I put an hashed file for the two input... Now all go OK.

Bye.
Hi everybody!!!
vbarca
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vbarca »

Thanks pkste! What I ended up doing was removing the IPC stage from between the DRS stage and the transformer and haven't had a problem since.