WSDL Change from 8.0.1 to 8.5

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

WSDL Change from 8.0.1 to 8.5

Post by gsbrown »

We're upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5 and noticed this change in comparing the WSDL documents for a particular server between 8.0 and 8.5. In the tag below, 'tns1' was converted to '913670406'. We're trying to minimize the amount of change work needed to our web service applications. Is there a configuration we're missing that would change this complex type name array tag value back to containing 'tns1' instead of a number?

"OLD"
<complexType name="ArrayOf_tns1_nillable_POSCustFullInfoLkpOutVar1">

"NEW"
<complexType name="ArrayOf_913670406_nillable_POSCustFullInfoLkpOutVar1">
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Yes... I recall this from when ISD first came out. The technology changed in subtle, yet "deep" architectural ways. It's been awhile, but as I recall, the wsdl generation is now done via strict WAS standards (as is everything, thus we have things like the formal deployment of the EAR) where in the past, RTI generated the wsdl and did a lot of the SOAP and HTTP stuff on its own and didn't have to adhere to strict things like namespace requirements. As far as I know, there is no way to impact or change it.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gsbrown »

That's too bad, but at least the changes aren't horrific. I was really hoping to be able to point the applications to the new server and be ready to go.

Thanks for the response, we'll proceed with making changes to fit the new WSDL changes.