range lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

emma
Premium Member
Premium Member

range lookup

Post by emma »

The topic is not new but still not clear how to use this one.

My main stream has one field key and a date , let say Eff_dt.
The reference has a field key and 2 dates Start_dt and End_dt.
No duplicates , no multiple records.... a clean lookup.

Actually when I edit the lookup range, the headers are indicating exactly the opposite within the values.
The "Range Column" shows me the main stream's fields and the "Input Column" shows me the reference's fields.

What am I doing wrong ? Or what is the way to configure this stage properly ?

I want to have the main.Eff_dt between ref.Start_dt and ref.End_dt.
Thanks,
Emma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To configure a Range lookup on the other input, use the drop-down list of Lookup type and choose Range. The Key Expression field then becomes enabled. Double click in the Key Expression field to open the expression builder for range specification.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
emma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by emma »

Thanks Ray.

the question here is not how to find the way to configure the lookup , it's how to do it correctly. Because right now I had to change the stream with the reference to have the input columns at the right place and to be able to set up my range.
Thanks,
Emma
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

It's really hard to explain without a screenshot of the stage. Maybe some day this forum will support that. :roll: