job not running in the Director!!

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kennyapril
Participant

job not running in the Director!!

Post by kennyapril »

Hello,

The Information server is upgraded from 8.1 to 8.5

When I deploy the services in the console they seem to be deployed but when I see the director the jobs seem to be only compiled and I cannot see them running.

can anyone suggest me?
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If these are ISD jobs, surely you should be looking in the Console?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would imagine they'd still show as running in Director if they were, unless that's changed in 8.x. Are these 'always on' services?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Yes, they are ISD jobs which are always on.

When they were deployed earlier before the upgrade from 8.1 to 8.5 they were running in Director.

But after the upgrade I deployed them both in 8.5 and 8.1(using multi manager) but they were not running in the Director client though they seem to be deployed in the console.
Regards,
Kenny
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Guessing we need to wait for Ernie but I'll also ask... can you call them, meaning the services?
Last edited by chulett on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

In your 8.5 environment, check your job's Multiple Instance box is checked. Is job's icon in light grey color in Director? What's indicated under the Status column? Do you see a whole bunch number after the job's name?
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Chulett,

After deploying the service I used the WSDL to call the service but I am unable to receive any response from the service.

Istsaur,

The jobs are the same which are used as services earlier,After the upgrade of 8.1 to 8.5 I see this strange behavior.

Compiled the jobs and then invoked them as a service.The service is deployed but the jobs when seen in the director seem to be only compiled,neither running nor aborted.
Regards,
Kenny
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Now we have an idea about the problem.

In the 8.5 console,through information services director when we try to select the information provider we select the datastage and quality stage.

So whats happening is when we select the information provider the jobs are to be selected from datastage 8.5 but for some reason I see that the jobs which are to be selected are being shown from 8.1 datastage.

any suggestions please?
Regards,
Kenny
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

What I would do is
1. Undeploy the service (ISD job) in 8.5.
2. Compile and run the jobs exposed as service in 8.5.
3. Deploy the jobs.

If it's still picking up 8.1 stuff, then I think the problem is caused by the Multi-Manager.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Istsaur,

Thanks for the Info.My problem is solved,when the jobs are invoked through console(ISD) 8.5 they are pointing towards 8.1 designer.

The admin changed the connections to 8.5 so now its up and running.

Thank you ALL!!
Regards,
Kenny