Business Glossary on the WWW

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Business Glossary on the WWW

Post by cfuller »

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone has thought about being able to expose a read only version of business glossary to a public website??

As an organisation we publish a number of documents/reports on our externally facing web site. As we have a fairly rich deployment of Business Glossary for internal use, I have been asked by the business unit responsible for the definitions held within Business Glossary if they can be made available to the public website so users reading the reports can have access to our definitions. I have been reading about the bgTermFinder widget and am thinking this may be of use...any thoughts??

Cheers
Chris :|
Regards
Chris Fuller

"Reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could certainly adapt that or the BGA widget using the REST API.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There was a site who had done this already...do a google search on biogrid australia.....you will find an IBM document that describes what they did .....last I heard it was password protected, as any such access should be, but there isn't anything in the technology that should prevent it.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Your main issue is server side licensing and security. The BG browser tool has no license restriction, the Rest API lets you create your own search and browse forms. You will need an Information Server installation that is on a secure server that cannot be hacked to serve up the Glossary content and that may need a PVU license. If your websphere application server is on the same server as a DataStage engine and you make it available over the internet you have to make sure people cannot get to the server and those DataStage data files.