Different behaviour GUI versus command line

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Different behaviour GUI versus command line

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi all,

I need to execute this command through the "Execute_Command" activity stage in a job sequence. This command is generated on the fly in the job sequence and needs to be executed at very end of it . Here is the command:

Code: Select all

H:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob -domain ukatrema4520 -server ukatrema4501 -user nemadronavalli -password xxyyzz -run -param RTParamList="$pMFSS=DTCA,$pLoadCycleID=769,$pProcessCycleID=663,$pStepID=112" -param RTFilePath=J:\Data\DTCA\ParamFiles -param RTFileName=DTCA_769_663_112.txt -param $pMFSS=DTCA -param $pLoadCycleID=769 -param $pProcessCycleID=663 WTR_Prototype JSeq_GCI_Master_JobSequence_DT
When run through the director, I get the below error:

Reply=-9999
Output from command ====>
Invalid arguments: dsjob -run 
[-mode <NORMAL | RESET | VALIDATE>] 
[-paramfile <filename>] 
[-param <name>=<value>] 
[-warn <n>] 
[-rows <n>] 
[-wait] 
[-opmetadata <TRUE | FALSE>] 
[-disableprjhandler] 
[-disablejobhandler] 
[-jobstatus] 
[-userstatus] 
[-useid] 
<project> <job|jobid> 

Status code = -9999 DSJE_DSJOB_ERROR 
But when I run the same command at the command line as shown below, it executes successfully which to me is very strange.

H:\>H:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob -domain ukatrema4520 -server ukatrema4501 -user nemadronavalli -password xxyyzz -run -param RTParamList="$pMFSS=DTCA,$pLoadCycleID=769,$pProcessCycleID=663,$pStepID=112" -param RTFilePath=J:\Data\DTCA\ParamFiles -param RTFileName=DTCA_769_663_112.txt -param $pMFSS=DTCA -param $pLoadCycleID=769 -param $pProcessCycleID=663 WTR_Prototype JSeq_GCI_Master_JobSequence_DT

Status code = 0

H:\>
Any idea what's going on? Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
I also tried writing this command into file using the job sequence but the double-quote charcters for the parameter RTParamList in the above pasted command went missing in the file. :(

Environment: IS 8.1 FP1 on Windows Server 2003.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE