Web service Transformation stage error!!!

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Web service Transformation stage error!!!

Post by allavivek »

Hi All,

I was using web service transformation stage in my job..

row gen ->web services transformation stage -> seq file.

i was getting the follwing error ....

Web_Services_Transformer_3,0: Warning: wsdl_job.Web_Services_Transformer_3: ASCL-DSJNI-00001`:`TJStage::initialize: initializing Transformer for Java stage; resource path not found

Web_Services_Transformer_3,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = java/lib/wsclient.jar
java/lib/axis.jar
java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
java/lib/commons-logging.jar
java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
java/lib/saaj.jar
java/lib/wsdl4j.jar

Help please...

Thank you...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

At a guess, the jar file needed by the stage is not in your CLASSPATH. Unfortunately I do not know which jar file the stage uses.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Do a search on "unable to create Java Virtual Machine". Basically, you need to set two environmental variables in your dsenv file.
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

lstsaur wrote:Do a search on "unable to create Java Virtual Machine". Basically, you need to set two environmental variables in your dsenv file.
Hi Thanks for reply...

I tried the following..

DSHOME=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine
DATASTAGE_JRE=C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps
DATASTAGE_JVM=jre\bin\j9vm

in Userdefined env variables via Administrator but still iam gettting follwoing error....

Web_Services_Transformer_3,0: Error: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/wsclient.jar
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/axis.jar
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/commons-logging.jar
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/saaj.jar
C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\java/lib/wsdl4j.jar
ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\../../ASBNode/apps/jre\C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps\jre\bin\j9vm, name jvm
The specified module could not be found.

Thank you..
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Keep searching..... Ultimately you are on the right track...they are very similar, but there are slightly different settings for these depending on your release and your platform....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

eostic wrote:Keep searching..... Ultimately you are on the right track...they are very similar, but there are slightly different settings for these depending on your release and your platform....

Ernie
Thanks ernie or reply...

I tried setting path many ways..guess iam doing a mistake which i couldnt find out..

The server is Windows here....

Thankyou...
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

If it helps, here are some notes I've been keeping on this issue....(it was the same for JavaPack and WSPack). I've also found that in some cases I've needed to set these at the OS level via Control Panel/System/Environment Variables, and in other cases I only needed them in the individual Job environment variable settings..... good luck.

--- November 2007 Update.

In 8.0.0 and 8.0.1, javaPack is broken. First, you need to manually establish

two environment variables as follows(on Windows - slightly different on other platforms):

DATASTAGE_JRE C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps

DATASTAGE_JVM jre\bin\j9vm

Also, as of this release, the trace/warn/info functions of the javapack API cause a job to abort. Note that they are commented out of the class source, and you will not be able to use "trace" when running the job included above. Alternatively, use log4j (requires further understanding of log4j general standard ...see any java resources on the web for more information).

-- evo.

--- April 2009 Update.

On Windows for 8.1, we need to setup the following parameters:

DATASTAGE_JRE = C:\IBM\InformationServer\_jvm\jre

DATASTAGE_JVM = bin\j9vm

--- June 2010 Update

On Windows with 8.1 and FP1, Server Jobs work again "as is" like they did in 7.x...no changes needed for these variables.
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>