Profile Multiple Record type Mainframe File

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Profile Multiple Record type Mainframe File

Post by synsog »

Hi,

Did anyone performed Profiling on Mainframe file with Multiple record type?
Is thereanyway can we do profiling on Maniframe file without ETL Job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. You need to profile each record type separately. If there are fields that are common to different record types and you want to profile all of those, you need to assemble them into a single place, such as a temporary table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

ray.wurlod wrote:No. You need to profile each record type separately. If there are fields that are common to different record types and you want to profile all of those, you need to assemble them into a single place, such as a temporary table.
Thanks Ray for quick Reply!!
Let say if i Maintain the reationship between record type and do profiling after writing Datastage Job though ETL by Converting Mainframe Dataset to Text file. Is there any way i can do this on RUn time by Scheduling a ETL and IA job in Batch process without any Issue.
I want to kow whether it is possible to run my jobs after doing Profiling on Source FIle.

I am looking for Below thing.

Source (Mainframe)----> ETL job to Convert in Text----> Do profile---> then Proceed with ETL trnaformation.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not really without a lot of reconfiguration or tricky synchronization. Profiling takes place in a dedicated project called ANALYZERPROJECT by default, while a different project is used for ETL.

In any case, the results of profiling are typically used to come up with improved ETL specifications. Once you're in production, of course, you would typically be using IA in monitoring mode.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.