response to webservice

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

response to webservice

Post by suryadev »

There is a column by name person_info length is 255 according to records.

but after pulling the data I used trim function in the transformer and now the length is 10 where can I change the length

transformer---->funnel----->wisd output.

when I use the sequential file in place of wisd output.
I can see the person_info according to my requirement.

but when I use wisd output as target,I cannot see the person_info according to my requirement.

why is this happening?
Is it because of the length?

please suggest me
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

do you see "anything" in the output (ie...do you have othe colukmns also, that appear fine, and just this column isn't appearing? ...or is it that you aren't getting "anything" from the service).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Yes other columns which has value is appearing only this one is not appearing in the service response.

when I see in XML format in soap UI..

I see this for columns which have null values
<middle_nm xsi:nil="true"/>
<address xsi:nil="true"/>

but for person_info I see this:-<person_info/>

I see this for columns which have values:-<state_cd>KS</state_cd>
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hard to say....If other columns are ok, I'd start looking at specific row values, and also test with putting a transformer in front of it that entirely replaces your upstream values (just force the whole colum to be "hello".)

There must be something odd about that particular row, or that particular column --- some unexpected binary values perhaps?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Thanks,
so use a transformer to check this column values before the target.
ok I will do that and let you know.
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...check them...send them also to a peek, and/or to a sequential file, and then also try hard coding the value in the transformer and see if you see that value instead of the prior upstream value.

The reason to try the hard coded value is to see if it is something that is in the data from upstream.

Try all these things....and see if it's only in this sample of test data. Also try varying the datatype, and/or trimming the value...etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Thanks ernie,
I used the target as a sequential file with the same trim and stage variable conditions and I can see the output properly with the new changes in that particular column.

But I cannot see the person_info column data in only WISD output I mean to say the response.

All the other fields can be seen with the data and fields with no data as nillable TRUE but only this field shows nothing just <person_info/>
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

That's the "empty" element. Usually means tha the data doesn't exist for that particular row...or maybe is null.

What happened with hard coding it to the value of "hello"?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

sorry I did not understand about hard coding?

do you want me to use a seperate transformer and use that particular column as a new column "hello"
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...No....right now you have a column called "person_info" going into WISDOutput....correct?

Put a Transformer directly in front of the WISDOutput Stage. Pass all of the columns thru it, with no transformation ....except for person_info. Hard code it to "hello". See if you get a value in the response.

Just for smiles, change the datatype to Character, with length of 5 so there is no question about the value or any other bytes.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Thanks ernie,
I can get the output now,just used an extra transformer and named it as Hello and I can see that column data in response to the service.
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ok...so we know it's not the number of columns, or the name of the column....I suppose it could still be something with the size of the column......but you're getting closer. It looks more like it is something "in" the data for that column. Try doing things like truncating it and seeing what happens. Take the first 5 bytes, for instance, and see if that works.....then you know there is sometihng in that string --- binary zeros are the usual culprit, but there could be a lot of offensive and otherwise unprintable values.

Look at your resulting test sequential file in hex....see if there is anything ugly in there.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!