All different commads to import datastage jobs.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: All different commads to import datastage jobs.

Post by gateleys »

I use the dscmdexport.exe command wrapped in a batch script that is scheduled from Windows client (that contains DS client) to create the dsx file. It creates a single dsx file for a project and contains jobs, routines, table defintions, executables etc.

Whenever I want to split them into individual jobs, I use the DSXCutter (available in some post here in DSXchange) which uses the whole project dsx file as input to create separate dsx file for each job, routine, etc.
gateleys
highpoint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by highpoint »

gateleys wrote:I use the dscmdexport.exe command wrapped in a batch script that is scheduled from Windows client (that contains DS client) to create the dsx file. It creates a single dsx file for a project and contains jobs, routines, table defintions, executables etc.

Whenever I want to split them into individual jobs, I use the DSXCutter (available in some post here in DSXchange) which uses the whole project dsx file as input to create separate dsx file for each job, routine, etc.
Thanks for the reply.
I need details on the import commands mentioned above as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Once you get to version 8 you will have the istool command to add to your list.

Surely all the details of these are in the pertinent manuals?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

highpoint wrote:
gateleys wrote:I use the dscmdexport.exe command wrapped in a batch script that is scheduled from Windows client (that contains DS client) to create the dsx file. It creates a single dsx file for a project and contains jobs, routines, table defintions, executables etc.

Thanks for the reply.
I need details on the import commands mentioned above as well.
:) :) I will give you a hint. Create a DOS batch file with the values SET for the required variables (as indicated with %% signs below), followed by the dscmdexport command -

Code: Select all

%DSCmdExport% /H=%Server% /O=1 %Project% %ExportDsxFile% /V > %ExportLogFile%
gateleys