about data matching

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rahul8055
Participant

about data matching

Post by rahul8055 »

Hello,
In my project a particular person enters his information in a website and then that website calls a web service I need to connect to that webservice with the help of a stage WISD in data quality in data stage.

As soon as he enters the information that information should be captured and I need to check it with the company database and send a reply that his how much of his given information is matching with the database.

which stages i need to use and what does each one do?

thank you
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Rahul,

Datastage is an ETL tool and as it is the case with all ETL tools, it is meant specifically for loading data in OLAP systems after extracting data from multiple source systems (OLTPs) where data maybe in different formats after cleansing, transforming the data as per business requirements and validating the data.

As far as I know, though there may be a way to meet your requirements but it is always better to use the right tool for the right job.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
rahul8055
Participant

data matching

Post by rahul8055 »

thank you tony

Actually there is a job which is designed as per the requirement and now We need to modify it, so there are some stages in quality stage like match frequency,reference match.......can you tell me which is better for this particular requirement....and can you answer another question please,

Coming to WISD input and WISD output ,how to I connect these to particular web service.....is there any other way to connect to a web service....for a live data..

thank you
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Rahul,

For the first part about the stages, It would be better if you can give the existing job design with clear description and the change requirements so that we can work on the modification.

For the second part about WISD stages, I'll look into it and let you know
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
rahul8055
Participant

data matching

Post by rahul8055 »

sure tony,
I will let you know the design as soon as i get the changes.

Thanks
Rahul
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's a forum dedicated to RTI/SOA/WISD questions and issues, I'm moving this topic over there. Hang on a sec... and here we are. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

The job is the same with WISD input and the WISD output,
The only change is response to the webservice should go in XML format,
do I need to set up a stage for that....or ?

can anyone help me with that..Is there any way...

thanks,
Rahul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at the various XML stage types.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You now have three posts on basically the same subject. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers