imposing column order in datasets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dh_Madhu
Premium Member
Premium Member

imposing column order in datasets

Post by dh_Madhu »

Hi
I have the 'When checking operator: Defaulting..' error for the change capture stage for which am trying to align the metadata of the 'after' dataset. I have the rcp's on and therefore loaded the complete metadata in the last stage of the job in a bid to create the right metadata....but the metadata is not getting created as required. Any idea on how to impose the order on the datasets?

Thanks.
Regards,
Madhu Dharmapuri
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you have the RCP turned on for a reason? if not you can turn it off.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dh_Madhu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dh_Madhu »

Yes, the RCP has to be there....well..tried removing the rcp by placing the copy stage but am afraid its not there as expected........thanks
Regards,
Madhu Dharmapuri
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the purspose of having RCP? And more over, you cannot have Copy stage place just to refrain from RCP. You have to have the Job properties unchecked.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dh_Madhu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dh_Madhu »

okay...in that case i dont have the option of turning off the rcp....
Regards,
Madhu Dharmapuri
dh_Madhu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dh_Madhu »

As the job uses a shared container....the job has been designed to limit the metadata passing through the shared container...and therefore require the rcp's.... any suggestions?

thanks..
Regards,
Madhu Dharmapuri