Does "Compile" Status in Director contribute to th

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajrandrup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Does "Compile" Status in Director contribute to th

Post by ajrandrup »

Hello All,

A bit of a background. We are currently getting Internal Error 39202 on our DS project.
I did some reading and already did the standard procedure
1) restart DS (ensuring clearing shared segments on the server)
2) Purge of PH folder

One thing I did see that may be contributing to the issue is
Auto-purge of job log not working as set in DataStage Administrator

I have been reading up on this forum regarding DataStage Auto Purge of Log files.
I know that on the Director Level for version 7x, previous logs gets purged upon successful run of the job (currently, my project is set to do an immediate purge).

My question now is: I have jobs that are currently Compiled state in Director as of 2 months ago. I'm not sure why my team just did a compile and the job never ran.

Does this Compile status also contribute to the Log file issue? Does this also need to be purged? There are a LOT of jobs in this state is there a way to do a mass clearing of jobs in this state in Director?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

After a job is compiled it gets shown as status "Compiled" in the director log. Once that job is run, that status is changed (i.e. "running", "aborted", "finished", etc.). If the job is a multi-instance one then the main job name remains "Compiled" and separate lines are shown with the instance name and the autopurge settings apply to the instances.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Does "Compile" Status in Director contribute t

Post by chulett »

ajrandrup wrote:One thing I did see that may be contributing to the issue is Auto-purge of job log not working as set in DataStage Administrator
Make sure you understand that the setting in the Administrator is the default that is used when a job is created. It does not apply automatically to all jobs when changed, they all retain their current (possibly overriden) values.
ajrandrup wrote:Does this Compile status also contribute to the Log file issue? Does this also need to be purged?
No.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers