Is there anyone who responds to registration issues?

Got a positive word to say about the DSXchange? Let us know!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

wgdsd
Participant

Is there anyone who responds to registration issues?

Post by wgdsd »

It is unfortunate an awesome forum like DSX doesn't have any responsible website administrator. As a result of which I am not able to create my own account and now I am using my friend's to write this post.

1. After hearing about this forum, I decided to give it a try and filled up the registration form. After creating my login name as 'Bostonian', I got the message that I will receive an activation email in few mins after which I can use this forum.

2. Never got the email. Then I tried to contact the help desk(webmaster@dsxchange.com) and after many emails I got an email from Ray L. Perry (Director) that he will look into the issues. After waiting for few more days I sent many reminders but again no response.

3. I tried to open another account but now I am unable to do as it says my email ID is already registered with them.

4. I don't think this is expected from a decent forum like DSX. It is hard to believe that there is a membership fee also. If this kind of response persists then what is the use of the premium membership?
wgdsd
Participant

Post by wgdsd »

I tried again today to reach the people who is required to be contacted for issues and emailed them.

membership.director@dsxchange.com bounced back !!!

Hello....Anyone out there listening?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no dot in the email address.

Try membershipdirector@dsxchange.com (maybe with a CC to editor@dsxchange.com).

Maybe they're snowed in!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, the Contact page shows it as "membership.director".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Quel dommage!
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wgdsd
Participant

Post by wgdsd »

Tried membershipdirector@dsxchange.com but got bounced back too.
I have CCed to editor@dsxchange.com. I hope someone reads/responds it.
wgdsd
Participant

Post by wgdsd »

Is there any phone number to contact the director/editor to wake them up? I am not able to get into the premium membership.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On Demand Strategies is the company that supports DSXchange. Contact information can be found on their website. Dennis James is editor@dsxchange.com among other hats.
wgdsd
Participant

Post by wgdsd »

Thanks Ray. But it seems On Demand Strategies have either closed their office or in the process of doing that. I called the phone number they listed on their site but it says 'This number has either been disconnected or not in use anymore' !!!

No reply from editor@dsxchange.com even after many emails.
Editor

Post by Editor »

wgdsd and your coworker.

Bad news, we have been experiencing a number of unusual behavior with the site. I am very sorry for these events, and wish we could be responsive.

I have an newsletter and a post going out to everyone on Tuesday next week to announce some upgrades and changes we expect to deliver soon. We have a team member from the early days of the first site, tools4datastage.com joining us to serve as webmaster. He's also the author of Version Control for DataStage, our product before IBM bought it.
We are experiencing some challenges as we point our established email aliases to our regular email distribution lists. We have to work each issue one by one until our changes are ready to be put in place. Thanks to Craig, I receive this post in my email and feel you need a direct response.

From now on, Please send your issues to me directly at Editor@dsxchange.NET. I will get them and promise 8-5 responses with to hours and sleepy time within 12 hours. Choosing to fix this site without losing valuable data is not easy, but it's worth it.

Please send me an email with your friends user name as well as yours and we will cure your problems shortly.

Dennis
wgdsd
Participant

Post by wgdsd »

Dennis, great to see your reply. I am sending you the details you asked for in a separate email. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.