DS Client Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arvind_ds
Participant

DS Client Error

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi,

I am getting the below error as soon as I click on DataStage Designer icon on my desktop.

MyCreateObject: Internal error - Could not create object with OLEType=Com.Ascential.Asb.Util.Invocation.NonManagedApplication

Extended error information:

Automation error
The specified module could not be found.

Internal error: could not create object of class VMDataStage. CDSRepos

40509 Unable to create the object Manager.

Please let me know how to resolve this error.

Thanks
Arvind
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Me, I would first try reinstalling your client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
grimm336
Participant

Post by grimm336 »

I think you have installed corrupted version......try to get latest version and install it properly.
grimm
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

I un-installed the DS clients and did a fresh re-installation. There after I could successfully log in into DataStage client components(Designer, Director,Administrator).

The next day, when I re-started my PC in the office, I faced the same problem.Same error message as I posted in this thread. I
don,t think un-install followed by Re-install is a better option. Any advise/help please.
Arvind
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to find out what is corrupting your client. Your company may be doing something overnight to check installed software and replacing a critical ddl that DataStage is relying on. Or you may have an anti-virus issue and you need to exclude your client location from areas that it checks.

Until then, you'll be stuck constantly reinstalling things, it seems.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
WesL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WesL »

I believe that this was the correct solution to this problem but since we are having the same problem I would like to see if the OP found out if this was the issue or not.
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

In some companies, they do run patches, mostly weekly, to remove the softwares from the machines which are not under the list of the aunthorized softwares for them yet. We also had same kind of problem where in data stage version 7.5 was under company's approved list but version 8 wasn't. You need to follow the exhaustive procedure get it added under their list. The work around for the time being is take off the network cable while leaving for the day.
Govindarajan
Participant

Re: DS Client Error

Post by Govindarajan »

I got this error recently, but the same has been fixed after reinstalling .NET Framework.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en