fifo file always in /tmp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mmaric
Premium Member
Premium Member

fifo file always in /tmp

Post by mmaric »

Hi all,
I am running into another problem with DB2 Bulk Load.
If pipe is used as method it appears that datastage creates one fifo file for all loads and it is created in /tmp folder by default. File is called udbpipe.
The problem is that file is created and owned by user that runs first datastage job. If another user runs the same or different job it fails.
It looks like datastage is trying to delete and recreate fifo file but /tmp folder has sticky bit and it can not be deleted by different user. I did change UVTEMP in uvconfig to point to another folder but udbpipe file is still being created in /tmp folder.
Ideally I would like to set this up on the project level but do not know if that is possible at all.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't think /tmp can be changed (but do feel free to issue an enhancement request). Try changing the value of the TMPDIR environment variable in Administrator client.

If you make users' umask 002 then other members of the creating user's group will be able to work with the files.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mmaric
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mmaric »

Thanks Ray,
I did try to change TMPDIR environment variable in Administrator client.
but it did not make any difference. I guess I will have to leave with tmp folder. UVTEMP changes some things but not this one. I am in contact with IBM now and if any relolution is found I will post it here.

Marinko