Deploy a DS Job as a Web Service

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Deploy a DS Job as a Web Service

Post by Nicole »

Hi everyone. When I open the IS Console. The 'New Project' is greyed-out. Some are telling me that in order to expose a DS job as a web service, that there are additional purchases we need to make. How can I confirm that this is true? What should I see or not see. When in the Designer, I can see that we have the Real Time stages such as WISD Input and WISD Output.

But when I open the IS Console, it seems like I can't really do too much.

Any advice. I've looked through some posts and tried to find out myself, but haven't really gotten an answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks!
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Deploy a DS Job as a Web Service

Post by JRodriguez »

Nicole,

You should have a license for Information Services Director ....

One easy way to see your licenses:

Web Console --> Administration -->Domain Management -- Licensing

All your licenses will show up..
Nicole wrote:Hi everyone. When I open the IS Console. The 'New Project' is greyed-out. Some are telling me that in order to expose a DS job as a web service, that there are additional purchases we need to make. How can I confirm that this is true? What should I see or not see. When in the Designer, I can see that we have the Real Time stages such as WISD Input and WISD Output.

Any advice. I've looked through some posts and tried to find out myself, but haven't really gotten an answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks!
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

Thanks. I went to the web console and the only thing under 'Domain Management' is 'DataStage Credentials' and it gives me the option to enter the credential to use when connecting to DataStage.

hmm... but from what I told you, you think it sounds like we SHOULD have the ability to deploy a DS job as a web service?

Thanks again,

Nicole
JRodriguez wrote:Nicole,

Nicole wrote:Hi everyone. When I open the IS Console. The 'New Project' is greyed-out. Some are telling me that in order to expose a DS job as a web service, that there are additional purchases we need to make. How can I confirm that this is true? What should I see or not see. When in the Designer, I can see that we have the Real Time stages such as WISD Input and WISD Output.

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's likely that the userid that you logged into the Info Server Web Console with doesn't have permissions to see everything...find someone with Information Server Administrator rights and then check the licensing...it is a link that (with the right userid) will show up a few down below DataStage Credentials.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

Thanks. I went to the web console and the only thing under 'Domain Management' is 'DataStage Credentials' and it gives me the option to enter the credential to use when connecting to DataStage.

hmm... but from what I told you, you think it sounds like we SHOULD have the ability to deploy a DS job as a web service?

Also, when I tried to click 'Develop' -> it gave me this message 'YOUR current CONFIGURATION DOES NOT SUPPORT DEVELOP ACTIVITIES'. What would this mean?

Thanks again,

Nicole

JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Nicole,

Another way to find out if your company is properly license to used Information Services Director ... The first screen that pop up after clicking icon the for the adm console shows following string "Information Services Director" .....
Nicole wrote:Thanks. I went to the web console and the only thing under 'Domain Management' is 'DataStage Credentials' and it gives me the option to enter the credential to use when connecting to DataStage.

Also, when I tried to click 'Develop' -> it gave me this message 'YOUR current CONFIGURATION DOES NOT SUPPORT DEVELOP ACTIVITIES'. What would this mean?

Thanks again,

Nicole

Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

Thanks Julio. I really do think we have the licenses. When I click on Help=>About IBM Information Server Console => It lists 'Information Analyzer', 'Information Server Console', 'Common Services', AND 'Information Services Director 8.0.1.0'. So, why would it list this if we didn't have it. I just don't understand why our company's DataStage admins are telling me we don't have it, that we have to purchase it and re-install Information Server, when it seems like we clearly have it.

THANK YOU!!! I'm going to ask them (admins) to log in with their IDs in front of me tomorrow.

Nicole

Another way to find out if your company is properly license to used Information Services Director ... The first screen that pop up after clicking icon the for the adm console shows following string "Information Services Director" .....
Nicole wrote:Thanks. I went to the web console and the only thing under 'Domain Management' is 'DataStage Credentials' and it gives me the option to enter the credential to use when connecting to DataStage.

Thanks again,

Nicole

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

It seems that I have to give up..even when the admin logged in, most was greyed-out, such as 'New Project' and 'Develop'. It seems we have the tool, but something is missing. Is it possible it is a configuration issue?

Thanks again,

Nicole

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

First, contact your rep and find out exactly what licenses you have. Then its probably time for a support call to determine the best steps to take. It would seem that you could run the install again and be certain to choose Information Services Director, but there may be other particulars.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ernie, isn't this still an optional add-on one would need to buy if they wanted to leverage it? Perhaps no license was purchased. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

absolutely.
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...but it's hard to tell here, because Nicole is seeing "some" of the signs that it would have been licensed.... still, better safe than sorry. Find out the formal licensing and then look at options for configure/install/re-install, etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!