SOA-UserService Registry Configuration

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Puli
Participant

SOA-UserService Registry Configuration

Post by Puli »

hi,

i have designed a job enabled with information services on version8.and till deployment is over. now i wanted to publish the job in service registry. when i try https://<host>:port/ServiceRegistry its not opening.

when i searched i got that i need to configure the serviceregistry before using them.

My question is how to configure the local operating system user registry

or please help me providing any other registry to publish...
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This feature as named is a bit misleading..... the internal registry is what you are using now -- this is the Information Services Catalog as viewed from the Information Server Web Console. The feature to "publish" is a specific one only for WSRR. WebSphere Services Registry and Repository. If you are using that, this makes publishing a little bit more convenient as you can set up a direct connection. However WSRR and any other registry should support standard WSDL. Just save the WSDL to disk and take it over to your other registry. It should be able to read it and catalog it just fine.

If in fact you are using specifically WSRR, there is documentation about how to identify the URL. I haven't looked it up in awhile, but I believe it's online at the WSRR site...... let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

i got a doc. which says if we supposed to configure internal service registry it requires Websphere Application server installed. thru tat only we can configure it and proceed. but in my case i don have an APP.server installed..

so can you explain me wat are all the way can we publish a job and how that can be linked to user application(frontend application)?

wat is t use of Integration developer and how its much better than others?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. It will be helpful to those of our members whose first language is not English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

oh!!!!!!!!!!is it!!!!!!!!NICE TO HEAR THIS FROM U!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU PLZ REPLY TO THAT TOPIC....RATHER THAN TALKING SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

U (one of our other posters) did not sent the admonition, I did. All capitals is regarded as shouting, and consequently extremely rude in a forum of professionals. As one of the longest-standing posters on DSXchange I feel justified in helping others to make it as professional a place to collaborate as possible. That sometimes involves reminding people about our standards.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datskosaraju
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by datskosaraju »

Puli wrote:oh!!!!!!!!!!is it!!!!!!!!NICE TO HEAR THIS FROM U!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU PLZ REPLY TO THAT TOPIC....RATHER THAN TALKING SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful with your usage of words.!! You must be either unaware of ray wurlod or totally lost.
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

hi ray,

am sorry, i dint mean all caps...it happened by mistake...
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It helps for us all to be occasionally reminded of good etiquette.

That being said, let's look at the issue. You said above that you already went thru the deployment. Congrats. You are done. There is nothing more that you have to do. My prior entry is for an option that you can just "forget about". You don't need it to access your service.

In the Info Server Web Console, find the Information Services Catalog tab, and then find the "Manage Deployed Services" link...and then find "Bindings"....on the right you will see a little pull-down for (most likely) SOAP, and then a link will appear for your WSDL. Click on that and you will have your WSDL....

...bring that into whatever tooling you are using for invoking your web services. There are many good test tools out there, or perhaps you already are a vb.net or java programmer and know what to do with the WSDL......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>