Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[38,10]&qu

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reshma11
Premium Member
Premium Member

Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[38,10]&qu

Post by reshma11 »

I am getting following warning message for a copy stage in the job when i am running.

Rej_Cp_T5_SalesChannels: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "ORD_SEQ_NBR" to field "ORD_SEQ_NBR": Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[38,10]" to result type "int16": Possible range/precision limitation.

The warning is coming for this column, the copy stage input column ORD_SEQ_NBR Decimal length 38 scale 10 nullable Yes.

Output column ORD_SEQ_NBR Smallnt length 5 nullable Yes.

Please help on eliminating this warning, without suppressing it.
Thanks.
girija
Participant

Post by girija »

Hi, Why are you using default decimal[38,10] in your input, sincne you know that the value should be within the range of NUMBER(5)? Probably you are using some oracle function when you select this from the source. Use CAST utility of oracle and get the value as NUMBER(5) instead of [38,10].
mk_ds09
Participant

Post by mk_ds09 »

Decimal with floating scale is converted to the dfloat datatype.
That is why it is giving the error of truncation.

One of the solutions can be :-
1. Use modify stage to modify the datatypes.
2. Check what exactly the data type is required after the copy stage.
whether you are just processing it or inserting into the database?

Depeneds on that you can change the datatype before the point where it needs to be changed.

Hope this helps
Last edited by mk_ds09 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------
Regards
MK

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

-----------------------------------
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not an error it's an alert.

The second person personal pronoun is spelled "you" in English, not "u", and the corresponding present tense of the verb "to be" is spelled "are", not "r". Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange; it helps those whose first language is not English. I do not have to point out that DSXchange is not a mobile telephone. Do you use these SMS-style abbreviations when documenting your work?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.