RTI console

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mister_chju
Participant

RTI console

Post by mister_chju »

Hello Guys! May be smb. help me ))) We have DS 7.5. With installed RTI services pack (I see RTI input and RTI output stages), But I haven't RTI console and it is hard task to persuade HELPDESK for giving to me instalation of DS. we are don't using RTI means in our work, but my team would start some new WEB projects, and I looking for a way to interactive working WEB with DS. May be smb. have install pack of RTI console or know a link where it plased? TIA. Ivan.
reverse-engineering. Not successfully lost the past.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ernie is probably going to have to pop in here and clarify things, but I believe that RTI is free for the asking nowadays. I don't recall off the top of my head all of the pieces you have to install, but there is at least an "RTI Server" that needs to be out there wherever you'll be deploying things and an "RTI Agent" that runs where you have DataStage installed.

Your official support provider should be able to provide you with what you'll need, it's not something someone can send to you or that is publicly posted, AFAIK.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mister_chju
Participant

Post by mister_chju »

Ok. Thank you guys for answer )))
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I highly doubt that there are any licensing changes. I stay on the tech side, but RTI is certainly a cost item. As noted, there are lots of things to consider from an architecture perspective. There is the RTIServer and matching RTIAgent....the RTI Server is where the web service is published, and the RTIAgent is what talks to DataStage. They can be on the same physical machine, and often are, but sometimes are not, depending on the site. You can do some great things with it, publishing DS Jobs as Web Services, either for kicking off jobs, or better yet ,for actual request/response activities, where the source and target of your job is the Web Service client. Do some searches in here for more details. I also have some info on RTI in my blog (see the TOC for entries on DataStage as a Services Provider).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Huh... I could have sworn you said that RTI was no longer being charged for and you just needed to request it nowadays. Ah, well. :?
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Highly unlikely. On the other hand, I know I've said that Web Services Pack is no longer charged for.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

You still have to pay for the Ascential RTI 7.5.x. No free lunch.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

eostic wrote:Highly unlikely. On the other hand, I know I've said that Web Services Pack is no longer charged for.....
Aha! That was it. :D
-craig

mister_chju
Participant

Post by mister_chju »

eostic wrote:I highly doubt that there are any licensing changes. I stay on the tech side, but RTI is certainly a cost item. As noted, there are lots of things to consider from an architecture perspective. There is the RTIServer and matching RTIAgent....the RTI Server is where the web service is published, and the RTIAgent is what talks to DataStage. They can be on the same physical machine, and often are, but sometimes are not, depending on the site. You can do some great things with it, publishing DS Jobs as Web Services, either for kicking off jobs, or better yet ,for actual request/response activities, where the source and target of your job is the Web Service client. Do some searches in here for more details. I also have some info on RTI in my blog (see the TOC for entries on DataStage as a Services Provider).

Ernie
Guys, i'm sorry. May be I don't understang something. I have RTI server and RTI agent intalled into the same mashine, I see checkbox RTIservice enabled into the job properties, but I can't find RTI console, therefore I can't run the job as web service. If I understood correct RTI console is something like client toll for managing RTI server, isn't it?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, the "RTI Console" is a client application you need to install on your PC. It would have been delivered on the same media with the other RTI components.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

As Craig notes, it goes on a Windows machine somewhere, and is the management tool....where you make choices about your web service, the inputs and outputs, the name of the operation, etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!