Datastage user removing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage user removing

Post by mandyli »

Hi

I would like know about list of users with user name associated in the projects. B'cus if someone leaves from the company I need to revoke DS permission for that user.
So that he/she can't login into Data stage via DS designer or WS.

So I was trying to find out any of the universe table or API. So that I can use it via script and check with my HR database.

Thanks
Man
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

With Version 8 you use the Websphere frontend for managing users, with a couple of mouse-clicks you can revoke privileges from users.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Thanks.

I am using WC with IIS(DSV8).Actually where all the userid is stored in DSV8? Like any UV table or file. B'cus I need to get the list of users from Data stage and do some process using UNIX script for automatically.
Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The list of users is no longer easy to retrieve on the IIS server in hashed files or other objects. It is stored somewhere in the depths of Websphere and I wouldn't know how to access that list from the program level.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Thanks Arnd