Call to Web Service - Question about Output Rows

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Call to Web Service - Question about Output Rows

Post by Nicole »

Hi! I am making a call to a web service from DataStage and in the web service (java) I want to populate the returning object and then it will return that object to DataStage and output that row of data to a results file.

Sometimes the object doesn't get populated and that is fine, but I don't want it to insert a new row into the output file, but it seems that every row is being output. Does anyone have any suggestions on how not to insert a row into the results file if the object doesn't have any data. Should I direct the empty rows to a different file? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nicole
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

what is actually returned from the Service? blanks? nulls? Are you going directly from the WSTransformer into an rdbms stage? Could you implement a Transformer and use a constraint to prevent the rows from going thru if they don't have the right value (or are blank/null)?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

Yes, i'll try that, that probably will work, now that I think of it! Thanks!
eostic wrote:what is actually returned from the Service? blanks? nulls? Are you going directly from the WSTransformer into an rdbms stage? Could you implement a Transformer and use a constraint to prevent the rows from going thru if they don't have the right value (or are blank/null)?

Ernie