invocation id in sequence job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cparru
Participant

invocation id in sequence job

Post by cparru »

some of the job activities have the invocation id and some do not? is there a reason for that?

what do i need to do to get the invocation id in every job activity. Because, my sequence runs in a loop so i want the execution be separated for each iteration.

Thanks in advance...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You only get the InvocationID prompt for jobs that are Multi-Instance enabled. Don't see what looping has to to with InvocationIDs, however. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tkbharani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tkbharani »

If you need invocation_id for each loop activity, then you must declare a parameter called "instance no" or some thing. This parameter must be changing every time a new loop is running, it must be dynamically changing. One important point is job must be multi instance job and invocation id must be mapped with parameter(dynamic).

But I dont know how good it works...
Thanks, BK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could use the $Counter property.

But the job, if it is inside the loop, will complete before the loop re-iterates, so it does not need to be multi-instance at all. Nor does it need an invocation ID.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers