Unable to Import XML Table Definations

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dhiren
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to Import XML Table Definations

Post by dhiren »

Hi,
When I try to import XML Table Definition , I get the following error
File or assembly name XMLMDImporterLib, or one of its dependencies was not found. VMDataStage.CDSXMLMDI
I have Datastage XML Pack 7.5.1 installed. I have Dotnet 1.1 installation on my machine.

Please let us know if there are any patch or some installation issues with the Datastage Client.

Many thanks in advance.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Unable to Import XML Table Definations

Post by gateleys »

I am getting a similar error when trying to import XML Metadata. I get the error:

Code: Select all

ActiveX component can't create object: VMDataStage.CDSXMLMDI
I can, however, go to my DataStage client directory and manually bring up the XML Metadata Plugin. Can somebody help me what might I be missing?

Thanks,
dhiren wrote:Hi,
When I try to import XML Table Definition , I get the following error
File or assembly name XMLMDImporterLib, or one of its dependencies was not found. VMDataStage.CDSXMLMDI
I have Datastage XML Pack 7.5.1 installed. I have Dotnet 1.1 installation on my machine.

Please let us know if there are any patch or some installation issues with the Datastage Client.

Many thanks in advance.
gateleys
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

hard to say...been too long since I've played around in a ds 7.5 environment....

You might try installing the client on another machine as a test, to see if it's something wrong with the client install.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Importing from XML first involves converting to DSX. The component that does this is the one that can't be found. Try it on a different client machine - if that works, it's probably an issue with the search path on the first client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.