RTI jobs vanishing

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

aakashahuja
Premium Member
Premium Member

RTI jobs vanishing

Post by aakashahuja »

Hi,

Can someone tell me which port number RTI Agent uses to communicate to the DataStage server?

The problem I face is that when I attach the DS jobs to the Agent, after some time the jobs just dissapear. This happens everytime I do it. We have tried restaring Web Sphere server / UNIX server / RTI Agent / DS engine /RTI Server.

I want to investigate the port assigned to RTI for this. Please suggest.

Cheers
Aakash
L'arrêt essayant d'être parfait… évoluons.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The default for the RTIAgent is 2000...but you can change it at install/configure time. I don't have the agent installed on this machine so can't recall the exact filename, but look in the directory structure under your RTIAgent and you'll find the config file that has the exact value. Do a NETSTAT on it and be sure it's listening. However, "losing" the jobs may be something altogether different....

...can you see the job inside the RTI Console? Can you drill into the Console and do a right mouse click on your operation and get the detailed properties (like the number of instances, etc.)? If so, the Agent is up and working just fine.

Describe your symptoms more...is this the only Operation that you have a problem with? Are others running ok? Is this an always on Operation (does it have RTIInput Stage)? ...or is it using a more classic "batch" pattern (RTIOutput Stage only, or no RTI stages)....?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>