Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Effective Search By Author

Post by ag_ram »

All,

I would like to know that how do we search for the posts which are only authored by a person.(unlike the posts to which he/she replies) (The current "Search by author" option gives all posts made by the person)

Like - I need to get the posts made by XXX as he/she is the originator of those but not the responder.

[This is because some people may tend to drop the consolidated information about a particular concept in DataStage as being the author of it.]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

While, as you've noted, there's no way to constrain it I have found it simple enough to check the Author column in the search results for that same name. If there are many postings to weed through, then use the Sort By option of 'Author' was well to lump them all together.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Maybe an alternative, chulett.

I tried to filter out all posts sorted by author name as you said(Author name "chulett"), but i could not see the next 50 posts in which the author had participation.[Database busy] :(

Any solution?
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Maybe an alternative, chulett.

I tried to filter out all posts sorted by author name as you said(Author name "chulett"), but i could not see the next 50 posts in which the author had participation.[Database busy] :(

Any solution?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure, I didn't have that problem when I tried out what I was suggesting. Perhaps just try again and see if it is a little less... busy.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

All,

Really it has been a big task for every one to list out the posts which are made(authored) by a person. Though Craig came with a remedy for it, it does not make much sense when the database is busy.

To have a list of posts authored by a person, we can include some options like the below ones.

Code: Select all

Options in Search for Author. (All options are radio buttons)

1. As Author
2. As Responder
3. Both (Author and Responder)  [default]

Please have a look at this solution as we could reduce a bit time searching for a particular author posts .