Cannot remove UV account LOGIN record

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot remove UV account LOGIN record

Post by dls »

I get the subject message whenever I try to add a character set map in the Administrator client.

NLS is enabled and several maps have already been loaded.

Do I need admin privileges to add a map for a project?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes you do.

The reason is that adding a map has to edit a script that affects shared memory (in particular the segment that holds the maps), and to run a utility to "build" the map from data records contained in the NLS database.

It's all in the DataStage NLS manual.

Not sure why you get the message about removing the UV account LOGIN record; I guess the "build" script does that to guarantee clean access to TCL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

Thanks for your timely response. Another question, though.

Is there anyway of knowing whether the characters '软件' are part of any character set?

I'm suspecting GB2312.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This really should be a separate thread!

You can apply the UniSeq() function. If you get a valid integer result, then your map is correctly set. Otherwise it isn't.

The ultimate answer is to get a copy of the Unicode reference manual from The Unicode Consortium - this contains all known characters that can be mapped into Unicode.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.