Dev Environment

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dev Environment

Post by pravin1581 »

Hi All,

Please suggest what are the important checklists to set up a Datastage 8.0 development env on a Unix box with DB2 as the database. Is it necessary to have the DB2 installed on the same server as DataStage.

Thanks in advance,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. But you will need DB2 client software installed (and configured) co-resident with DataStage.

I do not intend to type out the Installation and Configuration Guide here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You should try and get the Metadata Server, the Websphere Application Server and the DB2 database repository on the same server as they talk to each other a lot. The DataStage server can be on its own server as that gives it full access to all the RAM and CPU on that box. If you look at the IBM Information Server Blade package as an example it has three blades with two dual core CPUs on each. Blade 1 has the Metadata Server, Websphere Application Server and DB2 repository. Blade 2 is a DataStage server and head node and Blade 3 is a DataStage server.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

vmcburney wrote:You should try and get the Metadata Server, the Websphere Application Server and the DB2 database repository on the same server as they talk to each other a lot. The DataStage server can be on its own server as that gives it full access to all the RAM and CPU on that box. If you look at the IBM Information Server Blade package as an example it has three blades with two dual core CPUs on each. Blade 1 has the Metadata Server, Websphere Application Server and DB2 repository. Blade 2 is a DataStage server and head node and Blade 3 is a DataStage server.
The thing is I am looking at the things that a DataStage administrator should do after the installation, for the smooth running of the project.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Prayer is apparently beneficial.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.