Create Installation forum under Datatage or Support category

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

idelatorre
Participant

Create Installation forum under Datatage or Support category

Post by idelatorre »

I have recently been working on installing IS/DS v8.0.1 (my first DS install ever) the product has so many moving parts that I think there will be enough quorum and content to grant the creation of a forum solely dedicated to the Installation of the product. I think it would be even more beneficial to create an "Administration" category just as there's support and datastage and then create the "Administration", "Install", "Upgrade" and "Websphere" forums.

This coincides with a recent post in the Enterprise/PX forum. I will be glad to contribute with our experiences during this process on such forum and I believe all those performing administration tools will be glad to have a separate forum from those dedicated to development with the tools :D

Regards,
Ignacio de la Torre
rjhcc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rjhcc »

I would like to second this motion. I have been an observer on two installs being done by THE pros and both went bad causing many re-installs to uncover the problems. This cost the client two weeks of contract work by the installers and it was similar in both cases. They charged time and material.

A qoute was given to my last client for $30,000 services contract in order to get it installed.

We are all going to need help to make this happen for our clients.

Thanks! 8)
rjhcc