Schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kumar.Puttaswamygowda
Participant

Schema file

Post by Kumar.Puttaswamygowda »

My Job:
Seq_File---->Transformer--------->Seq_File

I'm using Schema file to define table definiton in the source. Assume we have columns A,B,C... in source. If i want to read any one column explicitly in Transformer, how can i do that? Pls help me...
Regards,
Kumar
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

If you mean to drop the other two columns then simply delete those columns from the transformer output tab or even better method will be to use modify stage to drop the columns. I hope you are not asking this....
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Anything you want to do with an input column in the Transformer (or Modify) stage you need explicitly to name that column in the stage input link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kumar.Puttaswamygowda
Participant

Post by Kumar.Puttaswamygowda »

Hi Ray/us1aslam1us,
Thanks for quick reply.

us1aslam1us,
I'm not trying to drop any column, infact i'm trying do some transformation with input columns.

Ray,
Your view is correct, but if i use Schema file then i dont have option to explicitly name the columns in stage input link, becuause schema file will override the column and format tab. I think u r getting my point?
Regards,
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Tough.

Anything you want to do with an input column in the Transformer (or Modify) stage you need explicitly to name that column in the stage input link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.