Sequential operator error, while collecting data from a tfm.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vrishabhsagar
Participant

Sequential operator error, while collecting data from a tfm.

Post by vrishabhsagar »

Hi,

I have a job, that used to get compiled fine, the last two stages of the job were a PX_Transformer which sent data to a sequential file. The only change I have made is adding new output links from the tranformer to a couple of other sequential files. Now when I compile the job, I find the following warning in designer.

tfm_GeneratingExperianCode: When checking operator: Sequential operator cannot preserve partitioning of parallel dataset on input port 0

The warning is there for each of the collecting seq files and for the transformer.

Can someone please explain me about these warnings? and how to make them go away?

Many Thanks!
Rishabh Sagar V
Bangalore
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

You would have had your answer faster by searching the forum as, curiously enough, you are not the first to encounter this.

The stage upstream of your Sequential File stage has its Preserve Partitioning flag set to "preserve" but the Sequential File stage, since it is operating in sequential mode, can not preserve partitioning and hence throws the warning.

Your job still worked correctly.

You need to change the Preserve Partitioning flag to "clear".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vrishabhsagar
Participant

Post by vrishabhsagar »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard.

You would have had your answer faster by searching the forum as, curiously enough, you are not the first to encounter this.

The stage upstream of your Sequential File stage has i ...
Searching forum helped... sorry for being myopic!
Rishabh Sagar V
Bangalore
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's OK, you're new. But, like I said, it can often get you an answer faster. Another thing we like to have happen is that, if the problem has been resolved, then the original poster marks the thread as resolved. There is a "button" near the top of the window for this purpose.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.