Job is getting Hanged

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dashpriya
Participant

Job is getting Hanged

Post by dashpriya »

Hi All,

Actullay I am fetching data from table XYZ and updating the same table XYZ after some transformation. Hence Job is getting Hanged.
please help me.

The solution can be create one more job but we can't.
Now this stage it is very hectic to create new job.

Thanks in Adavance.
arun_kumar
Participant

Job is getting Hanged

Post by arun_kumar »

Hi,

Which stage your using which database your working for, please give the complete description.then it will be helpful.
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't ever say "can't". What if the ONLY solution requires you to have two jobs?

Think about what is happening. You are establishing a cursor to select rows from the table, and attempting to perform updates against a table with an open cursor. Will any other tool allow you to do this? Why do you expect DataStage to be able to?

You could replace your single job with a single server job that has an intermediate passive stage, to force a process boundary, but in a parallel job you are causing a self-lock which will hang your job every time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

which database stages you are using? draw your job stages here