Purpose of APTFieldProp in ds export file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AttitudeBaz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Purpose of APTFieldProp in ds export file

Post by AttitudeBaz »

I have two ds export files for the same job, but from different servers (dev and production). The values in APTFieldProp field differ between each file. Also, in some instances the APTFieldProp field exists in the first file but not in the corresponding DSSUBRECORD in the second file. Does anyone know how the APTFieldProp field is used when a job is imported using manager?

Sample values are:

File 1:
APTFieldProp "quote=none"

File 2:
APTFieldProp "null_field=''"

Thanks
AttitudeBaz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Purpose of APTFieldProp in ds export file

Post by AttitudeBaz »

Thanks to my friend Len Greenwood at ibm:

APTFieldProp records various properties of a column on the link of a Parallel job. If you open a stage, go to the columns tab, right-click on a column and select "Edit row", you get a dialog headed "Edit Column Meta Data". There is a tab on that labelled "Parallel", with an area headed "Properties" that contains a tree control. For your example where you saee "quote=none" in the dsx, that would come from a column where the properties tree showed "Field Level - Quote = none" or similar. (That one applies to sequential file stages only, I think.)

So your 2 jobs differ in that some of the columns have different settings for their Parallel properties.

If you can get both of them into the same project, you can diff them by selecting both jobs in the Designer repository tree, right-click, choose "Compare selected". DS rev 8.0 onwards.