batch file creation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

batch file creation

Post by dodda »

Hi,

I want to create a batch file. The batch file should 1st call the datastage job. Once the job is successful it should call the stored procedure.
Can you please provide me the procedure to write them? In datastage director i have an option to create a batch. can i use them or should i write a code to create batch file?

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you wish to create a sequence in DataStage to start the job and then call a stored procedure, or do you wish to write a Windows .bat batch file to start the job then call a stored procedure?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version 4 does not have job sequences. You would need to do this using a job control routine. And - I believe - you'll need to construct a script to call the stored procedure unless it deals with a record set, in which case you can use an ODBC stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

batch file creation

Post by dodda »

ArndW wrote:Do you wish to create a sequence in DataStage to start the job and then call a stored procedure, or do you wish to write a Windows .bat batch file to start the job then call a stored procedure?

Hi Arndw,

I want to create a windows .bat batch file to run the job and then to run the stored procedure. Do you have any suggestions? Datastage 4.2 does not have sequencer.

Thanks
dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

batch file creation

Post by dodda »

ArndW wrote:Do you wish to create a sequence in DataStage to start the job and then call a stored procedure, or do you wish to write a Windows .bat batch file to start the job then call a stored procedure?

Hi Arndw,

I want to create a windows .bat batch file to run the job and then to run the stored procedure. Do you have any suggestions? Datastage 4.2 does not have sequencer.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use the dsjob command to run the DataStage job. Invoke the stored procedure via whatever command line interface the database you're using happens to have.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.