ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jpr196
Participant

ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

Post by jpr196 »

Hi,

We're getting the following error: "ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen" when running jobs with certain plugins (rowmerger and pivot are 2 we know of). This error only occurs when we login to Ascential using our personal user names. When using dsadm, the jobs run fine. Is this simply a case of other users needing same privileges as dsadm or might it be something else?

Thanks
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

a simple search on "ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen" gave me lots of results. Please use the search facility before posting.

May be this can help:

viewtopic.php?t=97489&highlight=ds_load ... +in+dlopen
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

Hi again,
I did do a search before posting and didn't find any results that discuss this error in relation to specific users not being able to access plugins. It appears to me that most solutions for this error revolve around incorrect library path or dsenv needing to be rerun. However, why would one user be able to use Datastage without issue and not another?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would imply a permissions or group issue. Did you follow the FAQ on configuring DataStage for multiple users?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

I didn't configure the environment, so I'm not sure if the faq was followed, but I'll reference this document to our helpdesk to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

Just wanted to follow up that we resolved this. It was a permissions problem. Thanks.
meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by meet_deb85 »

What permission did you guys change...

can you please explain it in detail