Server job warning Link not found.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JTILLMAN
Participant

Server job warning Link not found.

Post by JTILLMAN »

DSD_GenerateEvents.B:LinkReport for NBproject_2_SJ.DB2_UDB_API_9.DSLink1 not found.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Where and when are you getting the message? It doesn't look like a runtime error.
JTILLMAN
Participant

Server Job Warning Link not found

Post by JTILLMAN »

ArndW wrote:Where and when are you getting the message? It doesn't look like a runtime error. ...
The server job warning is in the log after the job has completed running. FYI... the job does complete the desired process correctly. I just need to be able to either handle the warning (which is not available for Server Jobs) or fix what is causing the warning that the link is not found so that the job completes without warnings. I do not know why the link can not be found, but the process using the link works.
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Just a guess - is there an after-job routine? It sounds like you are sending a link name to a routine to get a record count, but the link name isn't correct.

John
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Just a guess - is there an after-job routine? It sounds like you are sending a link name to a routine to get a record count, but the link name isn't correct.

John
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I found an interesting post from THRobinson on this:
Do you have MetaStage installed but not running? In other words, is the checkbox, in Administrator for this project under Properties, Operate in MetaStage Proxy mode checked but the Process MetaBroker daemon for it not running? You will then get this error when your job tries to report Process Metabroker events to MetaStage but MetaStage is not at home. This is a common annoying problem. It's a horse not a zebra.
I used Search with the keyword "DSD_Generate"