Decimal to Integer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dashpriya
Participant

Decimal to Integer

Post by dashpriya »

Hi,
Any one can plz help me to do a filed conversion.

My source is EEDBPE (Decimal(15)).I want it to map to the filed TRAN_AWRD_CNT (Integer(10)).

Can any one give me any sujjestion wether I need to validate the source filed to IsValid('INT32',EEDBPE) or will I do direct mapping?
sanath1234
Participant

Re: Decimal to Integer

Post by sanath1234 »

dashpriya wrote:Hi,
Any one can plz help me to do a filed conversion.

My source is EEDBPE (Decimal(15)).I want it to map to the filed TRAN_AWRD_CNT (Integer(10)).

Can any one give me any sujjestion wether I need to validate the source filed to IsValid('INT32',EEDBPE) or will I do direct mapping?

use modify stage
ETL=DS
dashpriya
Participant

Re: Decimal to Integer

Post by dashpriya »

I need a type conversion.So for one field I donot want to use ant stage.Can i use any logic like if the source vaue is of some particular range(as per decimal range) then how can I map it to target which is Integer(10).?

My question is can i take some upper bound and lower bound facility and can i map it directly by using some intermediary logc in transformer?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Of course you can. You will also need a specification, and therefore some logic, to define what happens with any out-of-range values.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gbusson
Participant

Post by gbusson »

Hi,

Decimal(15) to BigInt is automatic.

it may be useful.