Difference: DataStage SOA vs Information Service Director?

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

bsdavis
Participant

Difference: DataStage SOA vs Information Service Director?

Post by bsdavis »

What is the difference between Information Service Director and DataStage SOA?

It seems that DataStage SOA was formally the RTI; I also see articles describing Information Service Director as "formally RTI".

If I have DataStage and Information Service Director, do I need to purchase DataStage SOA, or are the SOA inputs and outputs available to me?

Thanks
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think DataStage RTI ceases to exist in version 8. The real time stages that you put into DataStage jobs are the same but the creation of the SOA service is now done in the Services Director and it's the same process across all Information Server products (DataStage, QualityStage and Federation Server).
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This is correct. Information Services Director is the "new" RTI. At their core, there is much of the same technology, but ISD (you'll also see it as WISD) is more deeply integrated into the entire v8 platform as noted, as well as being tightly integrated into the application server that is also central to v8). It also has a new GUI, new deployment methodology, and some new features.

ISD is still an extra cost item, but if you have licensed it, then you have everything you need to expose DataStage, QualityStage, DB2 and Federated Queries as Services via SOAP over HTTP or EJB.

Ernie