How to extract data from VSAM Files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Hi Aruna,

Did you check the CFF stage in server and please let me know how to work out this issue.

Many Thanks

Sreekanth
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Hi Aruna,

Did you check the CFF stage in server and please let me know how to work out this issue.

Many Thanks

Sreekanth
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Hi Aruna,

Many Thanks

Sreekanth
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

I did tried to work on CFF stage on Server that is why I asked you the question as to why you are going for Server job in Ver 8.0.1. I am seeing even less options in Server CFF stage in version 8.0.1 than in version 7.5.2.

The workaround I found is for parallel jobs, which are different from Server CFF and I cannot apply same rules and options here.

I couldn't spend too much time on this sorry.

Regards,

Aruna.
Vivek Vazarkar
Participant

Re: How to extract data from VSAM Files

Post by Vivek Vazarkar »

Hi,

Try ODBC plugin to extract data from VSAM file.

Aruna Gutti wrote:Hello,

I am looking for any information on how to extract data from a VSAM file. I could not find any hits on 'VSAM' when I searched the forum. Is anyone out there extracting data from MainFrame VSAM files ? If so, could they please let me know how it is being done either in 8.x or earlier DS versions ?

Thanks a lot,

Aruna.
Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Vazarkar
Mail ID:-vivekvazarkar@indiatimes.com
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi Vivek,

Don't I need to have Classic Federation Server to get the ODBC Plug-in to work ? If not, could you please let me know how to you setup ODBC Connection to extract Mainframe Data ?

Regards,

Aruna.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi Vivek,

Don't I need to have Classic Federation Server to get the ODBC Plug-in to work ? If not, could you please let me know how to you setup ODBC Connection to extract Mainframe Data ?

Regards,

Aruna.