dsjob fails staus code 30107

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

dsjob fails staus code 30107

Post by g_rkrish »

Hi,

I ahev datastage job which fails to runn for a particular user...it is the group..also i can run the job from dirctor..i get an status code syaing 30107 erron running job..it doiecnot even kick off the job..pla help out...
RK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Error code 30107 means 'subroutine failed to complete successfully' as I'm sure you've found in searching the forum, and that doesn't help much in analyzing the cause without more information.
If you can run the job from the Director, where are you getting this error? What other messages are being generated?
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ArndW wrote:Error code 30107 means 'subroutine failed to complete successfully' as I'm sure you've found in searching the forum, and that doesn't help much in analyzing the cause without more information.
If you ...
I did serach the forum..before posting..the thing they do get some meaasges i don't...also i used dsjob command to run the job...i tried reindexing but that not help either..i have dssh owned by root does root has to run that pls..let me know....

thanks,
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you specify authentication details (hostname, user ID and password) in the dsjob command? If not, try doing so and let us know if that works.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ray.wurlod wrote:Did you specify authentication details (hostname, user ID and password) in the dsjob command? If not, try doing so and let us know if that works. ...
i solved this issue by giving the same set of permissions as the user that was working..I don't understand why it gave error running job rather giving me error saying authentication failed..also how it can work from the GUI if the user didn,t have..permissison..any thoughts....
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because from the GUI the executing user is dsapi_server or dsapi_slave.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ray.wurlod wrote:Because from the GUI the executing user is dsapi_server or dsapi_slave. ...
thanks ray.....
RK