Timeout when Posting

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Timeout when Posting

Post by ray.wurlod »

It seems to me, both from the behaviour I am experiencing and the number of double/multiple posts, that the database behind this site is having problems when new records (posts) are being added.

Nearly 50% of the time when I respond to a post, there is a timeout (IE6 emits "this page cannot be displayed"). Rather than re-submit, which would result in a multiple post, I've discovered that clicking on the Back button then returning to the forum, I can see that what I've just posted is recorded.

So maybe the delay is in accessing the "your post was successful" page.

Can someone please investigate?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What I see.. no timeouts, but long submittal periods.

If I click on 'Submit' for a new post, and it takes longer than a second or two I know I'm in trouble. Several times recently the 'Submit' status bar entry has taken 60 or 90 seconds to complete its journey from left to right, and when it does that I know there will be multiple copies of my post.

I then need to immediately visit my post rather than go back to the forum, clicked Edit/Delete and then Delete the extra post(s).
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It means I'm now having to spend an unconscionable amount of time on DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.