SOA/RTI to Netezza System

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

SOA/RTI to Netezza System

Post by gsbrown »

I'm curious to know if anybody else has experience using the Netezza Performance Server as an underlying database for web services? If so, what was the performance like?

With my understanding, Netezza is blazing fast at handling large, analytical queries, but not as fast handling a continuous stream of small result queries that a typical web service would throw at it.

Has anyone seen an SOA environment over Netezza while still achieving subsecond web service query responses?

(Would also appreciate any other Netezza w/ DataStage performance feedback)

Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi....

I haven't seen an implementation with Neteeza and RTI directly, although since I believe Neteeza can support ODBC, it's possible that it's out there somewhere and just works, since that's a fairly simple combination (seems people only call me when things get messy. ;) ).....

For comparison while doing your research, I wouldn't worry too much about finding "web services" and Neteeza examples.... simply look for what Neteeza can handle for "concurrent" requests. Whether I have 100 DataStage and RTI based Web Services requests pounding on Neteeza from 100 separate SOAP clients, or 100 Cognos users pounding on Neteeza on their own via their own ODBC connections, Neteeza won't know the difference. If they can handle the 100 Cognos users, they'll be able to handle the 100 concurrent SOAP clients you configured with RTI and DataStage.

Ernie