MQ stage- Server Vs Parallel job - issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basav_ds
Participant

MQ stage- Server Vs Parallel job - issue

Post by basav_ds »

Hi,

I have built two identical jobs consisting of MQ stage, one is Server job and other one is Parallel.

The job consists of, MQ stage which reads xml msgs from Q for infinite period(Wait time=-1). Then these are inputted to XML i/p stage where it breaks down the XML into data elements and inserts those records into Tgt DB2 table using DB2API stage(Transaction size=1, so that commit happens after each record is read).

In server job, the msgs put on the Q(both before job start and after the job start) are immediately inserted into the target table and are visible upon querying the table.

But in parallel job,the issue is, even though the records are read from Q immediately, they are not getting inserted into Tgt Table.

Plz suggest your solutions..

Thank You.
I never let school to interfere in my education
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you change your parallel job output to a text file or peek stage do you see any rows there? What stage did you use in the Parallel job, and are you certain you set the commit to 1?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe we have a member called Plz.
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bman
Participant

Post by bman »

Somewhat similiar to the issue I have with my real time MQ interface. You can try setting the End of Wave to After and see. It should work or atleast it worked for me when I have a direct flow ( I mean no branching out ) after MQ stage till the database

I came accross this bolg from ernie on the real time MQ integration. It might help you here
http://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/category/mq