ftp script

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How exactly are you 'running this script in EXECSH line'? Hopefully not by putting this entire thing there, yes? Post your syntax, cut and paste directly from the Input Value box in the job to here please.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sainath »

Hi
No i am just cut and past entire thing in the EXECSH line. with file name and file location as parameters.let me know how to solve this problem.
thks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can't just type in something like that all on one line and expect it to work there - is that what you are saying? :?

If so, do as your subject line suggests - create a script with that as the content and execute the script via EXECSH. Or a batch file if you are on Windows.

Clarify something - your DataStage server is UNIX or Windows based? Your post mentions UNIX but the OS is marked as 'Windows'... which is it?
-craig

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sainath »

hi
thanks for your reply .DataStage server is in UNIX .
thks
sai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok... keep in mind the OS designator in that first post is meant to tell us what platform your Server is installed on. That way we can give proper UNIX versus DOS/Windows advise in situations like this.

So, a nice little korn shell script (or your shell of choice) seems to be in your future. :wink:
-craig

sun786
Participant

Post by sun786 »

why dont you create a sheel script with the above code with extension .sh and put the same in ExecSH ( Instead of code)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Already been suggested - twice.
-craig

kum_d
Participant

Post by kum_d »

Hi

I have my datastage server on windows environment and i need to get file from unix server which is remote.

I need to execute the shell script in datastage job using execsh where datastage server is in windows environment.

Is it possible to this.

or is there any alternative for this to run the unix commands which are in that shell script.

can u pls advice me here?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

kum_d, you already have two threads on this subject - do we really need a third? Not to mention the fact it is considered poor form to jump on the end of someone else's just-barely-related post.
-craig

kum_d
Participant

Post by kum_d »

sorry for that