DS Admin's please help me

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Sudhindra_ps
Participant

DS Admin's please help me

Post by Sudhindra_ps »

hi,

I just need to configure ports between Datastage Server and client tools. Can anybody suggest me on to how can I choose ports for effective network traffic between Datastage server and client machine. Here are few ports which are listed below. Can anybody suggest me which all ports I need to configure.
Here is the full port list for 8.0.1:

1. Oracle Port

2. IIS agent (ASB Agent Port)
IIS agent (Logging Agent Port)

3. DataStage RPC daemon

4. DB2

5. IIS Admin Console

6. WebSphere Application Server Ports

Administrative Console Port (WC_adminhost)

HTTPS Transport Port (WC_defaulthost_secure)

Administrative Console Secure Port (WC_adminhost_secure)
Bootstrap port (BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS) - *

Bootstrap port for deployment manager (BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS) - *
SOAP Connector Port (SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADRESS)

ORB Listener Port (ORB_LISTENER_ADDRESS) - *

SSL listener ports - *

High Availability Manager Communication Port (DCS_UNICAST_ADDRESS)
Service Integration Port (SIB_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS) - *

Service Integration Secure Port (SIB_ENDPOINT_SECURE_ADDRESS) - *
MQ Transport Port (SIB_MQ_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS) - *

MQ Transport Secure Port (SIB_MQ_ENDPOINT_SECURE_ADDRESS) - *

7. First Job Monitoring Port

Second Job Monitoring Port

Ray Wurlod, could you please suggest me onto which all ports are necessary ones to configure and secondly if we have more than one port do we need to have all the ports configured or just the one. Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have no idea what you're talking about, because I have yet to have any hands-on experience with version 8.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sudhindra_ps
Participant

Post by Sudhindra_ps »

hi,

We are basically setting up connectivity between Server and client machines for which we require configuring ports for easy network traffic. Can anybody help in identifying which all ports I need to select.

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your official support provider would be one. Probably the best at the moment, due to the limited adoption of the 8.x version across this community.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi,
I am in the same boat..... Installed Version 8 client and not able to connect, yet....

I was checking with my Admin and he pulled a document from the 7.X version titled "Platform Port Usage.doc", provided by IBM.

I have requested our Admin group to query IBM to check if they might have an updated version for release 8.X.

I will update the group as soon as i get some information.

Cheers!!!
-V
Sudhindra_ps
Participant

Post by Sudhindra_ps »

hi,

Thanks for responding to the query I had posted earlier. It will be nice if you could share your resolution with us.
Am yet to resolve this issue, if I could find anything I would let you know on the same.

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

best advice? let them default as they will, unless you run into a conflict.......assuming you are not running another WAS, you will probably be ok...... but no sense in working on changing any unless something breaks.

Ernie
Sudhindra_ps
Participant

Post by Sudhindra_ps »

hi,

As Eostic said it is better to leave the ports default as they are, rather than trying to manipulate them. I just had to default the ports as they are and it is said to be configured and working as expected to.

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S
anandkumarm
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS ADMINS

Post by anandkumarm »

Sudhindra_ps wrote:hi,

As Eostic said it is better to leave the ports default as they are, rather than trying to manipulate them. I just had to default the ports as they are and it is said to be configured and working as expected to.

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S
i INSTALLED VERSION-8 .I was able to log in to DS client and also the admin client.Normally you can create users and groups from webconsole..I was able to do it when i installed it on my home PC on windows,But at the client location (installation on unix),I dont see those users and groups tabs at all on webconsole.And strangely any user created on unix should be mapped as DS admin in order to login even in to DS designer.If I change their roles as just DS users in webconsole they are not able to log in to DS clients(designer/director).
jUST WONDERING IF ITS A BUG in thr tool OR its because the way user acess rights set up in our operating system level