Premium Member

Strange error when replying to a topic in PX forum

Post by bcarlson »

I just got a strange message when attempting to post a reply to a topic:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 235
File : emailer.php
Has anyone seen this before? I don't believe I had any strange text in my topic, and the preview worked just fine. I tried posting it twice.

I am going to try closing IE and trying again...

Brad.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Looks like my post worked in spite of the error message I received. In fact both attempts to post worked. I deleted the dup.

Brad.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, we've all been seeing the same thing today when people request a reply via email. There's another thread in the FAQ Discussion forum (why there I have no idea) on this same issue. Explains the plethora of multiple posts today.

They'll get it fixed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Not getting email notification either. Is this related?

Post by bcarlson »

The other thing I have noticed is that I am not getting email notification if someone replies to a posting I have made, even when I have selected 'Notify me when a reply is posted'.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am wondering if this is related to the error we are seeing when posting.

I don't think I have seen a single email for any posting where I have gotten this error - which has been every posting today.

Hmmm..... :?:

Brad.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted here others are seeing the same behaviour. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't been resolved yet. :(
-craig

narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

To add to the list, It is taking a long time to naviagate within the site!
It is taking me more than 10 seconds to navigate to the home page from any post. :shock:
Does everybody notice it, or is it just me. :(
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, here's what happened. The company that hosts DSXchange re-imaged the operating system on the server and, whatever it is they did, no email is now leaving the server. Whether from DSXchange or from DCS Strategies. This has impacted DCS Strategies' business, so stern words have been had with the hosting company, who claim to be working on it. That email can't go out from DSXchange is less of a priority but, since the problem appears to be with the host machine operating system, we hope that fixing the one will fix both.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Does that also mean the emails *in* to DSXchange are not being received? That might explain why the typically ever-so-happy-to-help Walter hasn't responded to any of my emails on the topic.
-craig