Job Type Selection Feedback

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Job Type Selection Feedback

Post by ray.wurlod »

When job type is selected from the drop down list, could it be passed through some form of validation?

For example, if you choose Parallel but you're in the Server forum, a message indicating that the Parallel forum might be more appropriate could pop up. If you choose Server or Parallel and you're in neither of those fora, again a message box might pop up. Ditto for TX.

This could result is less work for our Moderator moving things around.

Can we also have an "are you sure?" pop up for the non-typed fora, such as FAQ Discussion, when New Topic is selected? This message can indicate the purpose of the forum and the undesirability of posting there.

Recidivists could have the browser execute an HEK (halt and electrify keyboard) instruction.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I think thats an excellent point. Have been dealing with server types in parallel forum and vice versa a lot. Also creates a confusion for folks who are replying. Thats a good point.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I think the biggest confusion comes when it is set improperly regardless of forum. Or for people who assume based on the forum. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

I Guess it's all about if and when Walter finds time to implement it.
I'm all for it :)
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org