Error in Datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abilashkreddy
Participant

Error in Datastage

Post by abilashkreddy »

Can anyone tell why I am getting this error message when I am running a job.

[b]ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\Meridiu.dll - The specified module could not be found.[/b]
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Your engine is apparantly not able to find a dll file which it needs. Is this a new installation, or the jobs suddenly starting aborting with this error?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
abilashkreddy
Participant

Post by abilashkreddy »

I have created a LocalUser on my local system instead of working on the server. I am trying to figure out if I had done something wrong while setting up a LocalUser on the system. Because while I am connecting to the server host system, I donot have any problems.

I tried searching for the file in the directory and it doesnot exist.

The job suddenly aborts as soon as it starts
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is the server that needs to be able to find this DLL. To test that theory, find the DLL and copy it to a folder that is routinely accessed, such as the %WINNT_ROOT%\System32 folder. If the job now works you need to ascertain why its original folder was not being found.

Do you happen to know what Meridiu.dll does?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.