How long does it take for membership to kick in?

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

How long does it take for membership to kick in?

Post by bcarlson »

Roy (or Site manager?)

I just renewed my membership last night - I didn't notice the warning email I got earlier that said my membership would expire on the 4th.

Here's the problem. I was trying to research a production problem last night when I saw all of the truncated postings. That was my visual reminder that my membership had expired. So I quick went out and renewed it. So how long does it take for the membership to kick in so I can see the full postings again?

I know the forum frowns on 'emphatic statements' and messages of urgency, so I am trying hard not to do so. However, I see several postings about what I need, I just can't read them all yet. Is there any way to expedite the process?

When I check the URL (from my purchase confirmation) it just says the order is being reviewed. No timeline is given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Brad.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Obviously we're all swamped with new and exciting stuff. :lol: Next time you have any issue, go straight to Walter H your Webmaster under Contact page.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's usually within 24 hours. Walter, would it be possible to program in a grace period for renewals?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Hey all,

Just recieved the acceptance email for my renewal a little while ago, and was able to continue my research. By the way, thanks, Ray, for the info about the ramifications of the no-sort-insertion option.
ray.wurlod wrote:Would it be possible to program in a grace period for renewals?
That would be a good idea, although I was beyond a week on my renewal. Maybe a 2 week grace period :)

Brad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ya just can't afford vacations in this industry! Or did "she who must be obeyed" set you to chores again, and wouldn't let you log on till they were all done? :lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.